Our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world as in being able to remake ourselves.” -Mahatma Gandhi
What is Bariatric counseling?
The decision to undergo bariatric surgery will have implications for your physical, emotional, and social health in both the short and long term. It has the potential to affect your relationships with family members, friends, and most importantly yourself. It will affect your ability to regulate your emotions as your coping mechanisms evolve. Navigating these changes both pre and post surgery in a safe, non-judgmental, and supportive environment will help improve your opportunity for successful weight loss and life management.
How I Can Help
- Defining success & goal setting
- Disordered eating & eating disorders
- Eating triggers e.g. emotional eating
- Body image distortions and self-esteem
- Healthy coping skills
- Avoiding transfer addiction
- Relationship challenges post-surgery
Areas of Expertise
- Pre-bariatric surgery psychological evaluation
- Pre and post-surgery counseling for patients and their support system
- Member of your integrated, comprehensive care team
- Support for best nutritional care post-surgery