Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable – Dennis Waitley
What is Trauma?
Trauma – When our mind and body become so overwhelmed by an event that we cannot process it or make sense of what has happened.
Complex Trauma – When trauma experiences are perpetuated over a long period of time in which the traumatic-state becomes “the norm”.
How I Can Help
My areas of expertise include treating trauma, complex trauma, PTSD, domestic violence, grief and loss, anxiety, and depression.
Different types of trauma:
- Developmental – Growing up in chaotic, unsupportive, and stressful families
- Interpersonal – physical, psychological, sexual, emotional, verbal, financial
- Societal – discrimination and stigmatization
- Child Abuse – physical or neglect
- Sexual Abuse – As a child, adolescent, or adult by a stranger, partner, or family member
- Situational – Accidents, Natural Disasters
- Shock Trauma – Victims of Crime or War
I’m ready when you are! Contact me for more information on how I can help.